Tuesday, April 3, 2012

March 8 - International Women's Day (by coleen)

"Be still and Know that I Am God! I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world.” Psalm 46:10



I hadn't much time to plan, Elli had been sick with the flu and there was a lot going on all around me; but the Lord placed in my heart to have a breakfast in our home to celebrate women's day here in Romania (the actual day is March 8 but we planned for the Saturday March 3rd).  I thought "Lord, I have less than 2 weeks to plan...", but He gently spoke to my heart not to worry and to give all the plans to Him.  I prayed for His guidance in what He would have me to do, He spoke to my heart "Just serve them.".  I prepared invitations and we announced the event to our small fellowship and friends, but just a week prior to the date both JeJe and James (our 9 year old son) became sick with the flu and we were homebound most of the week (the outside temperatures were still very cold).  Most of the ladies I have personal contact with, I had spoken to, and they had said they were coming (about 4) but I wasn't able to hand the invitations out to the others in our community, and March 3rd was coming upon me quickly. 

On March 2nd, the Friday (day) before the breakfast - JeJe took a turn for the worst and we contemplated his being admitted to the hospital; but the Lord intervened and got us to a Doctor who quickly prescribed the necessary medicines.  This same Friday, it is now night and JeJe is stabilized and resting, and I am receiving phone calls that women are coming to my house the next morning - the Lord brought 19 women !!!  It was a very precious time from the Lord.  We enjoyed yummy food and sweet fellowship as we had many different age groups come (a handful unsaved); the majority were college age and anxious to hear how the Lord brought me to Romania and how JeJe and I met and married (a great trusting God Țlove story").

Please pray as we now will now have women's breakfast once a month.  Several ladies are already planning to bring unsaved friends and I am resting in my Lord to lead me.

I am blessed to see the Lord answer as He stills my heart in storms and reminds me "Be still and Know that I am God.".  I can rest in Who He is and surrender all my plans to Him, allowing Him to work and be glorified.




No comments:

Post a Comment